View My Twittley.com Profile

Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't Ever Out Grow The Little Things!!!

This poem hung on a plaque in my Nanny's bathroom for many years, I read it EVERY TIME I visited.!!!
I have always been and always will be a kid at heart. I stop at least once a day and think about either these little things or others that are quite similar. I also find my 19 month old son stopping to pick up a pretty rock or actually stopping to smell the roses. ( I cried a little the first time he did it, it was so random,lol) But we all need to be more aware of the beauty that surrounds us EVERY SINGLE DAY. The sound of birds chirping, the smell of the newly bloomed lilacs, catipillers crawling in the grass, or maybe an afternoon of cloud watching followed by a beautiful sunset!!!!!


Don't Ever out grow the little things
The world just gives away
The free fresh air and sunshine
And the games the robins play
Don't ever out grow the magic
Of a puddle in the rain
The splash one little puddle makes
The joy rainbows contain
Don't ever out grow the shady trees
With shadows twice their size
And the wonder of a perfect moon
That captivates your eye
Don't ever out grow the tender heart
That loves the things is sees
And clings to all the is beautiful
In treasured memories

***Author, unknown***

1 comment: