View My Twittley.com Profile

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Does nobody understand the meaning of friendship anymore???

I don't know what it is with every one these days. It seems as though we have all forgotten the true meaning of friendship, and the fundamental virtues that are required to maintain a strong and healthy relationship with any body. Spouse, mother, friend, children etc. Things like consideration, loyalty, respect, empathy are very important, but are lacking more and more as the generations pass us by!!

It's almost like every body is 100% out for themselves, nobody cares about others in any way!! Friends are supposed to be there for you through anything, and although they don't always have to agree with you. They are supposed to be there to enjoy the great times and help you through the tough ones!!! It just doesn't seem worth the effort for many!!
In the last year, I have had friends do some pretty grimy things to me. They are the ones that hurt me, and when I tell them so, they act as though I am the one who is required to apologize. If I don't act like it was all my fault, they stop speaking to me, until I take responsibility for their ill manners and actions!! AND if I don't they are more than fine to drop me like a hot potato and move onto the next "friend" to use and abuse!!

I just don't understand some people!! If somebody came to me and told me that I hurt them in some way, and that was not my intention! I would take responsibility for my hurtful words or actions!! I am a loyal and trust worthy friend. I do not use or take advantage of people!! I always give way more then I ever take. I am always there any time of the day or night for no matter what!! I do my best to make people feel special in any way I can!!

It would really be nice if I could have just one friend who is loyal. One friend who is always there, and has no reasons to be petty!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!! I hate girls, this is why I never hung out with girls when I was younger. They are always about what drama they can create, and that's just not me!! I rather be sitting out back with the fellas drinkin' and BBQing, listening to stupid jokes!! All in good fun!!
If we could all put down our cell phones, blackberry, and step away from our computers once in a while, we might rediscover the ride of life, with a few true friends by our sides!!!



http://www.helium.com/users/edit_show_articles/455712

No comments:

Post a Comment